Jul 10, 2008

a time to blossom.

 


There's some evidence emerging on the front porch. Evidence of new life, new growth, and of the fact that I don't always kill every thing green that I set my hands on - all of which I am grateful for. 

The first picture is of my very first little baby tomato that is teasing me with its slow growth. The image to its right is one of the fleeting blossoms on my hand sewn bottle gourds. I wish the flowers lasted much longer than they do because they are so feathery and gorgeous, but they usually wither within a day. It's the oddest thing, but they have the sweetest smell of honey dew melon to them. No baby gourds just yet, but right now I'm just enjoying the silky flowers and the whispy curley-cues of vines that wrap themselves around anything they can come into contact with. 

2 shared a thought:

Tracy said...

Lovely signs of beauties to come! That gourd flower is so pretty. Tomatoes can be slow sometimes. Ours aren't doing much either--not a good year I dont' think. Thankfully the lettuces are growing a treat. Such fun to catch up on your posts now we're back. We had FAB time in London! No resting travel-weary feet and doing lots of laundry--LOL! Happy weekend ((HUGS))

DZFANTASY said...

Hi, Brandy

Love the two photos! It is always such fun to see things grow!

Thanks for your comment on my blog!

Hugs,
Donna