Jul 21, 2008

fringe binge

I'm usually not one for the making of scarves, but lately I think I've been on a fringe binge. This is the second scarflette I've made in two days, both of which can be found in the etsy shop. I was sure the last one I made would be my favorite for quite awhile, but then the designing bug crept up and bit me in the behind and from my crochet hook poured this new one - midnight magic - which quickly stole my heart. I think there's something about such a handy little scarf with such a fun amount of fringe. Plus, it's purple so it was bound to be one of my favorites anyway. The yarn is a blend of wool and acrylic so it'll definitely do a swell job of keeping you warm.

I just may end up with one of these for myself pretty soon, which would give me an excuse to go to the yarn shop.

While we're on the topic of scarves, I have to mention two shops which have not only been an inspiration to me in my creating process but also have some gorgeous scarves and other knitwear. Phydeux not only has a very cute name, but also has some of the most gorgeous knit scarves and scarflettes. The colors are gorgeous and would brighten up any weary day. And then there's knittles who has some of the most wonderful designs of hats. You can even buy the pattern for some of the most beautiful hats and make them yourself. Check these shops out and get some wintery inspiration of your own!

5 shared a thought:

Tracy said...

Delicious!! Can never have enough fringe, I say ;o) Your scarf is gorgeous--love that deep wine color...and your neck scarves are terrific. I've been starting to work on fall/winter knits for my shop too...Hard to think winter when it's 85+ degrees F outside--LOL! Happy crocheting...((HUGS))

Jaimee McClellan said...

I think it's gorgeous!
Do you do custom orders?
I just might need one of these this winter.

clockworkpink2 said...

Love this scarf and the fringe! This would be nice and warm for the winter!

Teresa said...

Wow, you're good! I wish I could make something like that! Great job!

My Blog: Growing Piggy Bank

Anonymous said...

I like it Brandy. Great job. I know where I will be going this fall for my accessories.I wish I knew how to crochet and knit I did try but didn't ahve the patience for it. Go figure I guess I will stick to making soap. :-)

http://pegasussoaps.com