Mar 10, 2009

spring has come.

I woke up one morning and realized spring had finally come! The days are marked by warm humidity, the nurseries are full of colorful flowers, and even wildflowers have started to peak up from the side of the highway.  If there's anything I'll miss about Texas when I move in August, it'll be the wildflowers that mark the coming of spring.

The pictures above are from the flowers I planted this past weekend including some strawberries and blueberry bush. 

4 shared a thought:

Mimi said...

Hi, Brandy - BEAUTIFUL spring photos! We "northerners" are still waiting, but are hopeful :-) Wanted to let you know you've been awarded something special! Stop by my blog to pick it up and learn the details! Happy Thursday!! Peace, Sue, SignatureSterling

marvicn.com said...

brandy, can u teach me how to make the mary jane slipper. i know how to do crochet but not good in making things out of it...

Audrey said...

I'm happy spring has come for you. I have about 4-6 weeks to go. Winter is getting old.

Erika said...

I am still trying to figure out what grows in this part of Texas but I do love our wildflowers. Hopefully, this bit of rain we are having now will help make more bloom....

Great photos!