Dec 31, 2008

Eve of the New Year

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with family and friends. I spent mine home with my family and luckily Andy was able to fly up for a few days to spend Christmas with me. Christmas is always one of my favorite times of year and getting to spend it with Andy for the first time since we've begun dating was a Christmas wish come true.

On Christmas Eve we ended up taking a carriage ride and spent the afternoon playing with horses and dogs on the farm. It was a great time and the weather was so nice - warm and clear. It was a perfect way to spend the afternoon. After an always satisfying home-cooked meal, we headed out to see the lights around the neighborhood. Viewing lights on Christmas Eve is a Christmas tradition we've celebrated since I can remember, and is also one of my favorites. Then of course, it's time to wait for Santa and head to bed! I had a great Christmas and got some great stuff including a TomTom GPS for when I (hopefully) head off to California for school. 
Andy has since gone home this his family for the New Year. Tonight my parents are having some friends over for food, fun, and games. I don't have much plans myself. I may just hang around here for the night like I did last year. I'm not much for staying up for the New Year - I get far to sleepy now that I've programmed myself into a sleep schedule for work and school. I'm sure it'll be a good night no matter what I do.
I hope everyone has a great New Year with good fortune, health, and wellness. Happy New Year~

1 shared a thought:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family and boyfriend. It was just me and my husband this year. My son couldn't make this year because he had to work after Christmas but it was good. Have a wonderful New Year.
hugs
Michelle