Dec 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas Eve from west Texas! 

I'm back "home" for the holidays here in west Texas with my family. My grandma, aunt & uncle are also visiting us along with Andy for super full and fun Christmas. I think every sofa, bed, and air mattress are full of bodies this year.
For me Christmas Eve is even better than Christmas itself! It's the closest you get to Christmas every year so you still have all the festivity and excitement left ahead of you plus every year we have great traditions for preparing for Christmas. So far today as been a fun, festive day. The morning started out with everyone pitching in to get some of the dishes for tomorrow prepared to be popped in the oven for a quick fix for dinner. 
The weather has been very nice the past couple of days so we all headed out in the afternoon for a horse-drawn carriage ride which was a total blast. I haven't downloaded the pictures from the trip yet, but I hope to have them soon to introduce all my new furry friends. 
For now we're all back home waiting for dinner and then once it begins to get dark we'll load up our caravan of people and hit the town to take in all the wonderful Christmas lights - which is one of my favorite traditions! Once we get home it's time to hang up the stockings and wait for Santa to come visit. Christmas is almost here!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday with family and friends and the ones they love. Merry Christmas!!

0 shared a thought: